.NET FRONT END DEVELOPER
As our .Net Front End Developer, your main objective is to develop and maintain our customer facing websites, and the processes that support them.
Location: Redhill, Surrey
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full time (Monday to Friday – 8.55am to 5.30pm)
Reporting to: IT Director
Yellow Jersey is a busy e-commerce website selling cycling insurance products, and we want you, a dot net front end developer, to take over the helm. The vast majority of our business comes via our website and therefore it’s our most important tool.
Our long serving front end developer, who’s been responsible for the development and maintenance of our successful website, is moving on to pastures new and we’re looking to find his successor. You’ll be inheriting an AngularJS/MVC e-commerce system running in Azure with a WCF backend, and we’ll need you to hit the ground running from day one. Once you’re up to speed there’s a number of exciting projects waiting to go, which will really give you the opportunity to make your mark. This isn’t a role where you’ll be spending all your time fixing someone else’s code!
You’ll be part of a friendly and supportive development team, but we’ll be looking to you to be our go-to person for all things front end related. Both as a team, and as a company we’re very open to new ideas and technologies and want to provide you with what you need to give our customers the experience they deserve, and expect.
- Maintain professionalism.
- Display patience and politeness within a sometimes pressurised environment.
- Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels of seniority and liaise effectively with other internal departments.
- Good team working skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good problem solving abilities.
- Programming knowledge
- C# and VB.Net.
- Knowledge of .Net, Visual Studio and testing frameworks.
- Experience of GIT/GITHUB
- Understanding of OOP principles.
- Knowledge of design patterns.
- User design experience
- SQL Server
- Azure Webapps
- Azure SQL
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work on customer facing websites.
- Consult with internal clients about business requirements.
- Build applications to internal client specifications.
- Customise current applications in line with changing business needs.
- Evaluate performance of applications.
- Test and implement system updates.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs and devise solutions to address these issues.
- Help maintain code quality and organisation.
- Demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic, committed and flexible attitude towards other team members, recognising the importance and benefits of effective team working.
- Maintain a good level of personal presentation.
- Comply with the Data Protection Act at all times.
- Actively follow company policies (including Health & Safety and Equal Opportunities)
- Attend team and staff meetings as and when required.
- Carry out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by your manager/team leader.
.Net Front End Developer Job Pack
How To Apply
You can apply for vacancies by sending a covering letter and CV, by email to email@example.com or in writing to:
The Plan Group
Prospero – 73 London Road
We’re always keen to hear from anyone with experience in any of our key insurance markets. So, even if there are no vacancies currently listed that matches your skills or search criteria, don’t hesitate to send us your covering letter and CV. We will hold your details on record in case a suitable vacancy arises.
About Yellow Jersey
Yellow Jersey is an innovative, #insurtech start-up, launched in 2014 to meet the insurance needs of cyclists and cycling related businesses. Despite its young age, Yellow Jersey is firmly established as a go to brand in these fast growing markets. Cyclists want to maximise the time spent on their bikes. The team passionately deliver on the brand promise, “Free Your Ride.” They do so by making cycle insurance as easy and stress-free as possible.
About The Plan Group
The Plan Group, is made up of commercial motor specialist Plan Insurance Brokers and leading cycle insurance provider Yellow Jersey. It is an independent family owned business that was established in 1989 by Peter Georgiades and his eldest son Scott. Younger siblings Ryan and Grant have subsequently joined the company and help to drive its development. The Plan Group controls GWP in excess of over £25 million and employs a team of over 100 from its headquarters in Redhill.
Plan is an independent family brokerage established in 1989 by Peter Georgiades and eldest son Scott. The business is currently run by Peter’s three sons: Grant (MD), Scott (Corporate Development) and Ryan (Chairman).