SENIOR COMMERCIAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Our growing commercial team is looking for a Senior Commercial Account Executive. Situated in our new business department, it is essential that you are a confident and capable communicator at all levels. You will be dealing with quotation requests generated by our marketing department in the main but some self-lead generation will be required at times. A proactive approach to Sales is required.
Location: Redhill, Surrey
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full time (Monday to Friday – 8.55am to 5.30pm)
Reporting to: IT Director
The role is suited to a strong team player who is a confident and capable communicator at all levels. You will be dealing with quotation requests generated by our marketing department in the main but some self-lead generation will be required at times. A proactive approach to Sales is required.
- Previous experience in new business sales in Fleet and Construction / Contractors insurances (Ideally a minimum of 4/5 years).
- Ability to demonstrate significant business sales experience with proven results against revenue/margin targets.
- Ability to recognise sales opportunities, create and develop a healthy mix of pipeline through a strategic and targeted approach.
- A strong work ethic with good organisational skills.
- Customer focused with a track record of consistently overachieving on targets.
- Achieve all individual sales KPI targets set by the company, whilst managing customer and team expectations.
- Ability to communicate with both customers and colleagues at all levels of seniority and liaise effectively with other internal departments and external insurers.
- Confident and able to conduct on-site client visits/insurance reviews with a basic knowledge of Risk Management.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proven desire to update product knowledge and skill set.
- Awareness of the Data Protection Act.
- Professional approach to all aspects of business both internally and externally.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide quotations and sell policies to clients.
- Achieving monthly sales targets.
- Assisting the team in completing objectives including monthly sales targets.
- Day to day account handling and administration (New Business Only).
- Strong ability to deal with Target driven New Business Sales.
- Able to demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic, committed and flexible attitude towards customers and other team members, recognising the importance and benefits of effective team working.
- Deliver consistent customer service in line with ‘best practice’ and ensure compliance with relevant policies.
- Provide a point of contact for customer enquiries, dealing with these through to a successful outcome.
- Actively follow company policies (including Data Protection, Health & Safety & Equal Opportunities).
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Carry out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by your Manager/Team Leader.
- Maintain complete and accurate records and computer files.
- Maintain professionalism and a good level of personal presentation.
How To Apply
You can apply for vacancies by sending a covering letter and CV, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
The Plan Group
Prospero – 73 London Road
We’re always keen to hear from anyone with experience in any of our key insurance markets. So, even if there are no vacancies currently listed that matches your skills or search criteria, don’t hesitate to send us your covering letter and CV. We will hold your details on record in case a suitable vacancy arises.
About Plan Insurance
Plan Insurance Brokers is a thriving commercial insurance specialist. A long-term approach allows deep-rooted relationships to be established with both clients and insurer partners. Competitive rates and outstanding service levels are provided year on year. Above all we are here for the betterment of our clients. We keep businesses going when they need us most.
About The Plan Group
The Plan Group, is made up of commercial motor specialist Plan Insurance Brokers and leading cycle insurance provider Yellow Jersey. It is an independent family owned business that was established in 1989 by Peter Georgiades and his eldest son Scott. Younger siblings Ryan and Grant have subsequently joined the company and help to drive its development. The Plan Group controls GWP in excess of over £25 million and employs a team of over 100 from its headquarters in Redhill.
Plan is an independent family brokerage established in 1989 by Peter Georgiades and eldest son Scott. The business is currently run by Peter’s three sons: Grant (MD), Scott (Corporate Development) and Ryan (Chairman).